Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thing #5

The articles I chose were Web 2.0 A Guide for Educators and New Literacy's: Enrichment or Essential.  The first article I read basically talked about Web 2.0 and how our lives are influenced by the web.  There are so many ways to be involved with the web today like blogging and networking.  The article also talks about how students are influence by the web today and how it is a part of their everyday lives.  The web can be used to improve their learning.  In the second article I read, it discussed whether certain aspects of the web were for enrichment or if they were essential.  The author talked about three different ways to use the web and allowed the reader to distinguish whether they were for enrichment or if they were essential.  

I never really thought about what school 2.0 or web 2.0 meant to me or to future students until now.  I think it is really amazing how school 2.0 can be used.  I do believe that it is needed in our school system to help develop a better education.   Most jobs today, and more than likely in the future,  will need use of the web.   Students need to be prepared for it and the best way to prepare them is through school.  

I think it may change things for students by getting them more involved.  They will have more opportunities to learn about the world around them.  It might even allow them to use the web to be more creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment